Developing a website for the Joint Commissioning Panel for Mental Health (JCPMH), a collaboration between seventeen leading organisations, co-chaired by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the Royal College of General Practitioners, inspiring commissioners to improve mental health and wellbeing, using a values based commissioning model.
Over the past 18 months, the JCPMH has developed practical guidance on what good services for mental illness, dementia and learning disabilities should look like, plus guidance on public mental health and values-based commissioning.
The JCPMH has now joined forces with the Strategic Health Authority Mental Health Leads Group to design tools to help commissioners.
- publishes briefings on the key values and principles for effective mental health commissioning
- provides practical guidance and a framework for mental health commissioning
- supports commissioners in commissioning mental health care that delivers the best possible outcomes for health and well being
- develops guidance for best practice commissioning in areas where disparities in outcomes exist
- bring together patients, service users, clinicians, commissioners, managers and others to deliver the best possible commissioning for mental health and wellbeing.
The JCPMH was previously co-chaired by the late Professor Helen Lester (Royal College of General Practitioners), who originally founded the JCPMH with Dr Neil Deuchar.