Collaborating with the Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP) to develop the Greater Manchester Primary Care Careers platform https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk, a network of websites to promote a sustainable and thriving primary care workforce across Greater Manchester.
The platform acts as a stepping off point into 6 other websites that together form the network:
- Greater Manchester Dentistry Careers https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/dentistry
- Greater Manchester General Practice Careers https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/generalpractice
- Greater Manchester Pharmacy Careers https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/pharmacy
- Greater Manchester Optometry Careers https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/optometry
- Greater Manchester Primary Care https://gmprimarycare.org.uk
- GM Careers Platform Know How https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/knowhow
One of the innovations that we developed for the platform involved combining a suite of XML files based on keyword searches of the NHS Jobs website and parsing them through XMLReader to create a curated collection of the latest job vacancies within primary care seetings in each of the 10 boroughs of Greater Manchester. We devised cron jobs to create the XML files every night to ensure that the very latest job vacancies are included on the jobs page.